Our Mission Statement
The Seniors Council is a community-based non-profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization providing services in Santa Cruz, San Benito, Monterey and Santa Clara Counties.
It is the mission of the Seniors Council to enable older persons to function with independence and dignity in their homes and in the community to their fullest capacity.
Programs of the Seniors Council
- Operates the Area Agency on Aging in San Benito and Santa Cruz Counties.
- Operates the Foster Grandparent Program in Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Benito and Santa Clara and Santa Cruz Counties.
- Operates the Senior Companion Program in Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey Counties.
- Operates Project SCOUT program, providing tax-preparation and assistance through its dedicated core of volunteers in Santa Cruz County.
- Operates the Tri-County In-Kind Program distributing surplus goods to other non-profit agencies.
- Conducts public hearings, workshops and forums to explore issues of interest to seniors.
- Receives federal, state and local funds for seniors services, distributes those funds to direct service providers, and oversees program operations.